Care & Maintenance Of Your Outdoor Protective Covers
First you have to understand the concept of a protective cover. Covers
are designed to protect your outdoor furniture investment, to keep your
furniture clean and dry. Just like anything that sits outside in the
elements, protective covers will get dirty. If the covers get dirty then
they are doing their job in keeping the weathering, dirt and debris away
from your furniture.
When your covers do get dirty, follow these simple instructions to
keep your covers looking good and lasting.
Washing your covers
- Remove any large debris from the covers
- Leave the covers on the furniture and rinse off with a hose
- Use mild, warm soapy water (nothing abrasive or with harsh chemicals)
- Use a soft rag to scrub the dirt and dip in the soapy water repeatedly
- Rinse off with a hose and allow to dry on the furniture. If possible
hang from an overhang, as long as the covers don't touch the ground.
- If covers were hung to dry, make sure they are totally dry before
placing back on furniture
We recommend never putting your covers in the washing machine.
We have had customers put their covers in the washing machine and
they turned out fine and clean, others said their covers were destroyed
from the harsh soap and agitation. We have experienced 50-50 results
on this and still prefer the good old hose down method.
Storing your covers
The warm season is here and your ready to store your covers and use
your prized furniture. Follow these easy instructions to safely store
- It's always best to clean your covers
with the instructions above before storing for prolonged periods of time.
- Make sure your covers are totally dry before storing. If water is trapped
in the covers while store, they may mildew. Mildew occurs when water
can't escape and evaporate.
- A storage pocket has been
sewn into to all of our covers. To store in the pocket, it will take
good folding technique to get into the pocket. Our preferred storing
method is to use the original package the cover came in. PC Covers
(Gray vinyl) come in a ziplock poly bag and the BC & NC Covers
(Tron-Weve) come in a zippered thick poly bag with handle. Both making
it easy to store.
- Once safely back in the packaging, put the covers indoors or in
a covered area so they aren't exposed all year long. This will make
your covers last longer.
Our covers are easy to use, simple to clean and easy to store. We hope
to have you as a customer and enjoy your covers for years to come.
- The Patio Experts